Posted by : Kuromi Friday 16 September 2016


Alright, alright. Calm your horses people. It's me, Kuromi, and I'm finally back with writing on this blog. Woo hoo! Sorry for the long hiatus, college had been killing me... a LOT. Nevertheless, we're finally got a week off so I thought I should write something. So thanks to those who visited my blog even during my 'disappearance'.

So today we're gonna take a look at a cance-- I mean, a drama anime. Featuring an average of 13 minutes per episode, Nijiiro Days is just another slice of life romantic drama revolving around high school students. The title might say 'rainbow' but honestly I don't really get that, 'rainbow-y' feeling. It might've just been me, since my roommates had been going heads over heels over this series. Me? I heard that my favourite VA is in this anime, though in the end it just 'sounded' like her. Damn snitch.

Anyway, the story is about a group of guy friends hanging around, living their normie lives. One of them, Natsuki, got dumped by his girlfriend during one Christmas. (Seriously, if it were me, I'll be at church on Christmas night). Then this one girl handed him a packet of tissue on the scene post breakup. He then learned that the girl went to the same school as him, thus begin the series of pointless drama. 



To be frank, the drama between the supporting characters were much more interesting than the main couple. Question is, does Kobayakawa even a main character anyway? (Source). To me, Matsunaga and Tsutsui's romance were much more appealing. There were a lot of development in both their characters and their relationship. Plus, there were a lot, I repeat, a LOT of scenes and moments that will make you go 'Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng!'.


Tsutsui is your generic rebellious girl with phobia of men, but instead of fleeing from them, she confronts them with violence. While Matsunaga is your typical playboy or ladies' man. As the story progress, their relationship with each other develops as they overcoming life obstacles and becoming more and more mature. Tsutsui began to open up to not just men, but also other people and treat them as friends. Matsunaga on the other hand started to lay off from his old habits and started to learn the true meaning of love and loyalty. There's a lot that can be said about them rather than Natsuki and Kobayakawa.

Other couples in the series being Tsuyoshi with Yukiko and Keiichi and Matsunaga -- the younger Matsunaga, Nozomi, mind you.

Tsuyoponnu and Yukirin
Keiichi and Nozomi
So enough with the story and shippings, let's go to the visuals department.

Since this anime is a shoujo anime, despite seeing the story from the male point of view, you can expect some beautiful arts and of course, random flowers and sparkling backgrounds. They convey the art from the original manga pretty well. Hats off to the animation team, probably the only good thing that made this anime a success.



Colours were vibrant, almost playful in a sense. Though not that consistent, the visuals actually provide more expressions than any other elements within this anime. For once, I found the art more heart tugging than music.

Now when I said that statement, it doesn't mean that the music was trash. In fact, it is the second best element ever implemented within this series. It may sound redundant later on as the same BGMs actually played for different situations, making you question yourself, what kind of scene are you in right now. Though the music was splendid and beautiful, the placement of it was somewhat off sometimes.

FINAL SUMMATION

When you're watching this anime, you could expect the following:
+ Beautiful art. So colourful it made me colourblind (Just kidding)
+ Good music, catchy and fun
+ Loads of 'hnnnnnng!' moments
+ Good humor, pretty funny
- Short episodes (Waiting each week for a 13 minute episode. RWBY much?)
- Supporting characters had more action than the mains
- Misplaced(?) music.
- Shitty drama
- My friends worship this series and I don't see it's 'light'

I would rate it around (6/10) for anyone to watch. It is a good time-passer when you want to binge watch something when there's nothing to do. If those light and fluffy romance stuff's your thing, then by all means, this is your perfect match.

------------------

Well that's it for now. There's still more stuff to do back here, so I don't really know when will I post next. But feel free to come back for some readings to pass your time. I appreciate your support. Especially those who frequented this blog despite it's recent hiatus period. Anyways, until next time, I'm Kuromi signing off. Keep on reading!

Leave a Reply

I'm all ears guys. Let's discuss stuff!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © OtaKuromi - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -