Posted by : Kuromi Sunday 3 July 2016


Hey guys, Kuromi here. It's been awhile but finally I got the chance to write. Though, it's 3 o'clock in the morning when I wrote this... We finally got a week holiday for Eid here, but I can't go back home since the flight tickets worth more than my college fees. It's only gonna be a week so I'm gonna be just fine, I'm not jealous or anything on those who managed to get back home... nope, I don't. Really. 

So to my Muslim brothers and sisters, I know it's a few days early, but I wish you guys Happy Eid ul Fitr.

So anyways, time for another review on an anime which I personally just finished watching, Flying Witch. Yes, yes, I know, I'm pretty slow on catching up but I just had much fewer time to watch anime these days.

Flying Witch had finished airing on June 26 and I just recently finished watching it a couple of days ago. I could say, it's a pretty good anime. It's good, but not that amazing, but also not bad as well. Man, that's redundant. So I'm going to break down stuff on my views on the anime, here we go!

Story

Mandrake FTW
Flying Witch offers you a generic slice of life genre anime for your leisure. The story revolves around a young witch named Makoto when she moved in with her relative family to further her training as a witch and continue her 'normal' studies in high school. Her cousin, Kei, seemed to know she's a witch from the start, which makes me wonder why did his younger sister, Chinatsu, doesn't know that fact. But this show isn't about back stories or anything deep. Rather, it's a really relaxing and enjoyable show where anyone can watch and enjoy the ride.

Comedy are consist of Makoto's inexperienced malpractices as a witch, Kei's tsukkomi's (straight man commentaries), Makoto's sister, Akane's free spirit personality and many more. I laugh a lot of times on many occasions in this show, the relaxing progress and theme of the show made even simple jokes really funny. Just remembering the cursed snacks and Pops ate them still makes me laugh on my own. Not to mention, those weird supernatural beings were portrayed as very beautiful yet comedic in nature. Yes, mandrakes are real... just kidding.

Till' the last episode, they always end up either with a comedic or heartwarming scenes. Especially the last episode, it's really beautiful and I really hope that this show will get a season two.

Flying cousins. Yeap, I'll have that same reaction, Chinatsu-chan.

Magic 101
Music




Music is one of the great points of Flying Witch as well. The soundtrack in the show is very soothing and relaxing most of the time. Added with relaxing story, it's a leisure gourmet. They also provide a 'not-so-annoying' soundtrack during comedic scenes, which is a plus for me.

Also not to forget the opening and ending songs of the anime is really great. I can feel the 'easy, cool and fun' vibe from the opening and relaxing feeling during the ending. The opening song was entitled 'Shanranran' by miwa featuring 96 neko and the ending was 'Nichijō no Mahō' (日常の魔法; The Magic of Everyday Life) by Minami Shinoda & Eri Suzuki. Both are really great that they become one of my only theme songs that I won't skip when watching anime.

Overall, the music made me feel blissful and I just can't get enough of them. I really hope they'll release an album of the soundtrack soon. I'll surely buy a copy.

Visuals

How's the arts and visual of the anime you ask? Check em' out yourself below:







Simply beautiful. J.C. Staff studio really did a good job this time as well since ToraDora. The characters are beautiful and memorable. Since the anime setting was in the country side, there'll be a lot of green and they did amazing job in making soothing and amazing scenery. 

The colours were very colourful and vivid that it really attracts the audiences' eyes straight away and they won't be disappointed when they do after witnessing clear and beautiful graphics.

The animation were fluid as well. You could tell the from the quality of the animation on the effort J.C Staff animators did. A lot of work were really put into this show and it was really worth it. Thanks, J.C. Staff.

Overall

Final summation, an amazing supernatural slice of life anime. Very relaxing and very enjoyable. There's no drama, therefore it's really a leisure anime where everyone, even those who rarely watch anime, could really enjoy this show.

I really love this show that I watched it twice. Now I still watching it as well, but other series got my attention and I have to watch them so I could provide content to this blog, of course. But nevertheless, I would always find a time to enjoy this show all over again if time permits. 

To those in search of an anime series that is suitable for passing time yet wanted a really enjoyable show, Flying Witch is my recommendation. That's it for now, happy Eid, and as always, keep on reading.

Leave a Reply

I'm all ears guys. Let's discuss stuff!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © OtaKuromi - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -