Posted by : Nov Monday 18 December 2023


Greetings my fellow ladytakus and gentleweebs! Kuromi here with some monumental news - your favourite little otaku blog is evolving! *Angelic music insert here.*

After years of providing you fine folks anime reviews, manga recommendations, and general nerdy nonsense, it's time for OtaKuromi to grow. *wipes tear* They grow up so fast! While anime and the wider otaku culture will always have a special place in my heart, I can't ignore the shiny new toys capturing hearts and minds. I'm talking VTubers, baby! 



For the uninitiated, VTubers are streamers, content creators or performers who use virtual avatars rather than showing their real face. It's like anime and internet culture did the fusion dance from Dragon Ball Z to create something magical yet confusing to normies. 

But don't let the cutesy anime aesthetics fool you - VTubers are taking over faster than All For One steals quirks! The popularity is insane, with channels racking up millions of views and followers. Even major corporations and celebrities are getting in on the act with their own virtual personas. It's weeb meets influencer culture!

While part of me will always prefer the comfort of binging obscure 90s OVAs, even I must embrace change. OtaKuromi will now expand its scope to include VTuber content alongside the usual otaku fare. You can expect the same passion, humour and generally questionable taste, just with fresher material mixed in! I'll be posting VTuber news, reviews and hot takes along with the anime coverage you know and love. You can look forward to analysis of the culture's meteoric rise, collabs between VTubers and anime proper, and the very best clips from my new virtual waifus. 



For the OG fans wondering if I've forgotten my roots, fret not! OtaKuromi's core mission remains upholding anime and manga against the tide of normie persecution. This is merely a new front in the eternal battle to convert more hearts and minds to the one true faith - otakunism! 

As always, community is at the heart of this blog, so I welcome your feedback on this new evolution! Drop your thoughts in the comments on what VTuber content you'd like covered or how to improve the site. My DMs are also open if you have ideas for collaborations, events or partnerships! 

Also hit that subscribe button and join the OtaKuromi Discord to be part of the conversation as we expand into this brave new frontier together! I can't wait to see you all there and get this exciting new chapter underway!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have approximately 20 hours of Shizuka Rin's Necesse & Exit 8 VODs to catch up on... 



Leave a Reply

I'm all ears guys. Let's discuss stuff!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © OtaKuromi - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -