Posted by : Kuromi Wednesday 8 June 2016

Yes, screenshot. Proves I played it, right?
 Hey, guys! Kuromi's back and today we're gonna look into Rayark's latest game, VOEZ. Now, before we get into the review, I would like to announce that OtaKuromi blog had reached a thousand visitors! Woohoo! 

I can't thank you guys enough for keep on reading my blog. I started it out like early a month ago, so getting this much readers in a month is truly an amazing feat. So to celebrate this milestone, I figured I should do a review of a freshly out game, cause' I know you like games, too. I mean, what else could you be here for?

Anyways, let's get going!

VOEZ was released on iOS and Android mobile devices through the App Store and Google Play Store. It is the third rhythm game released by the well known Rayark. Yes, the very same producer of the addicting Cytus and feels wagon Deemo games. And if you have played those games, you can bet your virgin self that this, is gonna be awesome. It's free to download, just like Cytus and Deemo. I got myself one, and I, Am, Blown.

Main menu screen. Don't mind my screen name, unless I got top 10 rankings that is.

Most of the arts in this game are gorgeous. Props given to the artists. They even made an animated intro of the game which is really awesome. Not just the arts were great, but the design on the interface are magnificent as well.

The user interface (UI) was fresh and sleek. Better, it was lighter than Deemo's UI that it runs smooth even on my Galaxy Tab 3, which lags while playing Deemo. The concept of equilateral diamond shapes was fresh and it seemed pretty. I honestly went to all menus just to take a look on the UI.

Song list menu. Purposely pick this one up because of that reference. 

The song list for VOEZ are new songs mostly. You can't really find them in Cytus or Deemo. This shows that Rayark tried to make something different and independent from their previous games since songs in Cytus and Deemo are mostly the same. But in VOEZ, almost everything are fresh. There are some songs here and there that came from their previous games, but only a handful of them. But of course, all the songs are immaculate... ahh. Not to mention the sound quality is amazing. If you use headphones, you'll notice the bass was enhanced, something different than other rhythm game had done before.


What you see above is a screenshot of in-game gameplay. I'm sorry if I can't really get some good shots because the buttons don't respond so well when an app runs on my Note. But you guys can search some people's videos playing this game... if anyone had made it yet, cause' it's still new. Maybe I will record myself playing it, if you guys want to see it, but I can't guarantee a perfect play yet because, heh, I'm still "finding my voice" as this game said. 

The gameplay was amazing. It's like Deemo's, but the lines in the above image constantly moves around, change colours, disappear and popped back in according to music is amazing. But they might want to tone it down a little bit concerning the health and conditions of potential players. I myself have mild epilepsy found myself 'blind out' or small seizures by the rapid change of colours and flashes from the game.

As an experienced rhythm game player, this is humiliating...
There are songs in this game that were lock at the beginning, but can be unlocked using in-game tokens. Well I haven't really figured out how to earn this tokens, yet, because I just got this game today. But I'm sure going to find out soon.



There is also the 'Diary' menu where you can unlock things like CGs and stuffs upon clearing certain challenges. The unique thing about this menu is that it unlocks stuffs, in a chronological manner. So you have to do this before you can do that, kind of thing. As shown above, I've unlocked a CG background by reaching over 70,000 points in Hard Mode in any song. Which is pretty cool.

The only downside of this game is that it is fully internet connection dependant. You have to log in to play, either via Facebook, Twitter or email. Not to mention they load the songs online as well. It's not like their previous games, which does not require internet connections unless you're purchasing a song. I guess my night owl internet plan is mandatory here. Sigh...

And so that's it for today. You guys should give this game a try, it's really really great. Also, thank you guys for kept on reading my articles. I appreciate you guys for keep on supporting me. I shall take my leave here now. Thanks for reading and see you guys next time.

Leave a Reply

I'm all ears guys. Let's discuss stuff!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © OtaKuromi - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -